Thursday, January 6, 2011

Up on the rooftop...

January 5- Another day of housework! Adam spent the morning finishing up the running of cables for the satellite (he installed cable outlets in every room and ran the cables through the attic and walls). He was up on the roof and in the attic for much of the morning while I went back and forth between vacuuming, holding the ladder for Adam, feeding him cables, and making a card for my brother-in-law Paul (get well soon!!!). My mom made delicious spaghetti and meatballs for lunch, and then we spent the afternoon taking out the gross shag carpet from the garage. That included pulling out all the stuff that was in the garage, putting loose items into boxes and labeling them, and purging cardboard boxes. It was nice to roll up that dusty old shag but we all had to take hot showers afterwards! Still some ways to go before we really get to cleaning the garage, but that is the first step. Thank goodness for the large dumpster we rented!!



January 6- Adam and I started out the morning with breakfast with Sarah and Jeff (does it count if I ate a burger and fries?). It was so good to see them...it had been a while (since February) and really there is no excuse for us not seeing them sooner since they are in Victorville. Sarah and I plan to have a scrapbooking weekend when I get back from New Mexico (she has a Cricut too!!!) while Adam and Jeff can have their action flick movie watching. =D When we got home, I spent some time listening to music (some good ol' Ecua hits from our time in Ecuador), organizing my scrapbooking stuff, and doing more vacuuming while Adam watched Spread on the laptop. Plan for the evening? Maybe I'll be able to sketch out some layouts so I can finish my Galapagos scrapbook...we'll see!

No comments: