Monday, July 7, 2014

Father's Day and Olivia at 6 months

On June 14th and 15th, Adam celebrated his first Father's Day! We attended the Embassy Father's Day Pig Roast on Saturday, and I also had Olivia wearing a special Father's Day onesie (that was a bit too large for her). Adam allowed me to take a few photos after I guilted him about Olivia needing photos with her daddy. On actual Father's Day, we went out to the pool for a nice swim and then had dim sum for lunch. Olivia loves her daddy!




Right now Olivia is 6.5 months old! I cannot believe that Olivia is already well past the 6 month mark! At 6 months, she is sitting up all by herself, and she pivots in circles when she is on her tummy (making her semi-mobile, but not so much that I have to watch her every second), and during her 5th month was when she started to sleep on her tummy and side. We also moved her to her crib in her own room and now she doesn't get woken up every time Adam turns or I get up to use the bathroom! She prefers napping in her crib over the swing too- I think she outgrew the swing and it isn't as comfortable. She is still getting up a few times a night to eat, but she is doing awesome with going down for naps and she only cries a bit at bedtime before she falls asleep.


Naptime on the baby monitor

Happy in the morning when she wakes up!

She started solids during her sixth month and so far she has tried rice cereal (she didn't like it on day one, but then I made it thicker and she went to town!), bananas (she likes that- makes her poop super gross though!!), and homemade pureed pumpkin (she did not like that, but if I mix it with banana, she tolerates it). I'm not sure what we will try next- maybe carrots or Jamaican sweet potato!

Day one- why, mama, why?!

Day two- mmmm, this isn't so bad...I think I like it!

And when we moved her to bananas a week later- GIVE ME THE BOWL! FEED ME!

When we gave her pumpkin- "Uh...wait...this is not banana. What is this?"

"I don't know if I like it. Is Daddy going to try again?!"


"Ok, I definitely don't like this. Wahhh!!! Wahhh!"

She isn't spitting up as much anymore, which is totally awesome. We aren't frantically searching for burp cloths as often (though she did spit up a tiny bit this morning). She's still full of smiles and laughs, and she will "talk back" to us like we are having a conversation. Too cute! She also started blowing raspberries- meaning lots of spit spraying everywhere. She is definitely chomping on things but no teeth yet!


At her last check up, she weighed in at 16.75 lbs and 26.75 inches in length, but I'm sure she has already gained in just the past few weeks! She cried when she got her shots, but then was back to her happy self in no time!
Poor baby didn't like her shots! Adam and I are alternating each visit with who gets to hold her so she doesn't have any "shot associations" with us!



1 comment:

Betty said...

Soooo cute!!! She's a good baby!